So excited to share that our Medical Director, prof. Ivo Petrov, received the greatest recognition for his work – the award Doctor of the Year 2022!
The whole team is proud to work with him as he is such a great specialist with a rich expertise and most importantly – a great human being, who truly believes in our mission to make serious diseases a thing of the past.
He received his award on Bulgarian Doctor’s Day, marked on 19th of October. This is the greatest medical acknowledgement in the whole country and the selection is made by professionals from the Bulgarian Medical Association. It was presented by the President of the Republic of Bulgaria – Rumen Radev in a special ceremony in the National History Museum. The event was also attended by Health Minister Assen Medjidiev, Bulgarian Medical Association Chairman Ivan Madjarov and National Ombudsman Diana Kovacheva.
Prof. Ivo Petrov is a world-renowned specialist in four fields – cardiology, internal medicine, invasive cardiology and angiology. He has contributed in numerous ways to the development of the healthcare industry with his professional achievements:
- He Is the first invasive cardiologist in the world who did an endoprosthesis implant in a child with aortic dissection.
- Performed the first procedure of carotid stenting and thromb extraction of brain vessels for the treatment of cerebral stroke in Bulgaria.
- Pioneered the implantation of bifurcation stents in complex pathology of the arteries of the heart.
- Performed the first MitraClip implantation operation for an 83-year-old patient with mitral insufficiency.
- Ideologist and chairman of the National Council for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Beside that, he is deeply engaged with meaningful public and social causes. Prof. Ivo Petrov is the main initiator for the creation and adoption of a National strategy for training the population to provide first aid by bystanders to patients with cardiac arrest. Also, it was his idea for the Sofia Municipality to launch a project for installing automatic external defibrillators in the most crowded places. So far, 5 of them have been installed in subway stations, and recently, Prof. Petrov presented the rector of Sofia University, Prof. Anastas Gerdzhikov, with one of the devices.
We are beyond grateful for the opportunity to join efforts with prof. Ivo Petrov and we are looking forward to developing Kelvin Health even further together!